Wednesday 21 February 2018

The beekeeper conundrum

In 2011 a fab little pattern came out called the bee keepers quilt, the idea being you knit lots of little hexagons (called hexipuffs!) which represent a beehive kind of look, and join them together to make a nice thick blanket. I threw my self in to this pattern with great enthusiasm, but as seems to happen, my attention span waned and the project was put to one side, over the years I have had little spurs of hexipuff making, all with great intentions which came to nothing, most people might have given up by now, but I had tons of mini skeins and part balls to use in this project and I can't let it die!


This is what it looks like in its current state, its approximately half done, a few years ago I made some calculations based on its current size and how big my hexipuffs are (well they are technically flat as I decided in the end not to stuff each one with filling, its just as snug!) and worked out how many I would need to make a blanket about 5ft x 5ft, which is a total of 729 hexipuffs. I have 364 left to make.
I haz a plan! (see this is how much thought I have put in to this!) I have worked out how many I can make in a day which is roughly 7, so 49 a week, which breaks down to roughly 7 weeks (and a few days) if I make enough.I asked my friends in an understanding crafting group to give me 7 random weeks this year in which I will make nothing but hexipuffs!


The first week is next week! I keep telling myself I will have the will power to do this, I have broken it down in to easy to manage pieces, I love the pattern, I love what I have made so far,  I will get this project nailed this year! Let  the hexipuff marathon (over 7wks!) begin!
Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment